Recruiting now for modules from April 2019!
We are very excited to be the Diocesan base for training teachers and catechists in Catholic theology. This certificate is designed to enrich one’s understanding of Catholic faith and thinking and to enhance one’s professional practice.
A new innovation is that half our study will done through online virtual classrooms, limiting travel while also giving participants the opportunity to speak with colleagues from across East Anglia.
The course covers eight topics, giving a good range of insight, and including some practice-oriented elements. Do get in touch to learn more! Our Institute’s contact is Férdia Stone-Davis, email@example.com
Study for the Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies aims to:
- provide teachers, those involved in parish ministry and other ministry contexts with knowledge and understanding of the teaching and beliefs of the Catholic Faith
- develop an appreciation of the principles of Catholic education at all levels
- employ and encourage sound adult educational processes which express central values of Catholic life
- enhance understanding of education within the Church as a life-long process
- enable all participants to make an informed contribution to their chosen field of ministry within the Church.
You can study for credit, completing an assessment, or for a certificate of attendance, without assessment.
Year One (2019)
New Testament taught by Fr Dominic White OP
Saturday January 19th at MBIT – 10.30am–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house: Jan 30th, Feb 6th, Feb 13th
Assessment deadline: April 23rd
Person of Christ taught by Dr Matt Bullimore
Saturday February 23rd at MBIT – 10.30am–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house: Mar 6th, 13th, 20th, 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline: May 15th
The Church taught by Fr Dominic White OP
Saturday April 27th at MBIT – 10.30am–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house: May 8th, 15th, 22nd , 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline: July 3rd
Sacraments taught by Sr Gemma Simmonds
Saturday June 15th at MBIT – 10.30–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house Wednesdays June 19th, 26th, July 3rd 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline: August 14th
Year 2 (2019–2020)
Old Testament Dr Ela Lazarewicz-Wyrzykowska
Moral Theology Dr Amy Daughton
Children’s Spirituality Sue Price
Recent Development in RC Theology tba