Recruiting now for modules from September 2019!
We are very excited to be the Diocesan base for training teachers and catechists in Catholic theology. This certificate is designed to enrich one’s understanding of Catholic faith and thinking and to enhance one’s professional practice.
A new innovation is that half our study will done through online virtual classrooms, limiting travel while also giving participants the opportunity to speak with colleagues from across East Anglia.
The course covers eight topics, giving a good range of insight, and including some practice-oriented elements. Do get in touch to learn more! Our Institute’s contact is Sue Price, email@example.com
Study for the Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies aims to:
- provide teachers, those involved in parish ministry and other ministry contexts with knowledge and understanding of the teaching and beliefs of the Catholic Faith
- develop an appreciation of the principles of Catholic education at all levels
- employ and encourage sound adult educational processes which express central values of Catholic life
- enhance understanding of education within the Church as a life-long process
- enable all participants to make an informed contribution to their chosen field of ministry within the Church.
You can study for credit, completing an assessment, or for a certificate of attendance, without assessment.
Year 2 (2019–2020)
Taught by Dr Ela Lazarewicz-Wyrzykowska
Taught by Dr Anna Abram
Taught by Dr Louise Nelstrop
Saturday 18th January at MBIT – 10.30-4.30pm
Plus online/in-house Tuesdays: January 28th, February 4th, 11th, 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline: March 24th
Taught by Sue Price
Saturday 25th April at MBIT– 10.30-4.30pm
Plus online/in-house Tuesdays: 8th May, 12th, 19th, 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline: June 30th
To find out more about the CCRS research project, click here.