Recruiting now for modules from January 2019!
We are very excited to be the Diocesan base for training teachers and catechists in Catholic theology. This certificate is designed to enrich one’s understanding of Catholic faith and thinking and to enhance one’s professional practice.
A new innovation is that half our study will done through online virtual classrooms, limiting travel while also giving participants the opportunity to speak with colleagues from across East Anglia.
The course covers eight topics, giving a good range of insight, and including some practice-oriented elements. Do get in touch to learn more! – our Institute’s contact is Férdia Stone-Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Study for the Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies aims to:
- provide teachers, those involved in parish ministry and other ministry contexts with knowledge and understanding of the teaching and beliefs of the Catholic Faith
- develop an appreciation of the principles of Catholic education at all levels
- employ and encourage sound adult educational processes which express central values of Catholic life
- enhance understanding of education within the Church as a life-long process
- enable all participants to make an informed contribution to their chosen field of ministry within the Church.
You can study for credit, completing an assessment, or for a certificate of attendance, without assessment.
Year One (2019)
New Testament taught by Fr Dominic White OP
Saturday January 19th at MBIT – 10.30am–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house: Jan 30th, Feb 6th, Feb 13th
Assessment deadline (after half term: February 25th)
Person of Christ taught by Dr Matt Bullimore
Saturday February 23rd at MBIT – 10.30am–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house: Mar 6th, 13th, 20th, 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline (after Easter: Tuesday, April 23rd)
The Church taught by Fr Dominic White OP
Saturday April 27th at MBIT – 10.30am–4.30pm
Plus online/in-house: May 8th, 15th, 22nd , 4.30–6.30pm
Assessment deadline (after half term: Monday 3rd June)
New Testament taught by Dr Ela Lazarewicz-Wyrzykowska
Saturday TBC 10.30–4pm
Plus online/in-house Wednesdays TBC 4.30–6.30pm
*This schedule places all training within the teaching terms, and gives at least the half term week for the completion of the written work. The timing of the week to work on the assignment has proved a critical issue for teachers especially in the past.
Year 2 (2019–2020)
Moral Theology Dr Amy Daughton
Children’s Spirituality Sue Price
Recent Development in RC Theology tba