A modular programme awarded by University of Durham through the Cambridge Theological Federation (CTF). Awards are made as follows:
- 120 credits at Level 1 leads to a Higher Education Certificate in TMM
- A further 120 credits at Level 2 lead to a Higher Education Diploma in TMM
- A further 120 credits at Level 3 lead to a BA (Hons) in TMM.
- The programme is divided into streams: (1) Bible; (2) Christian Life and Thought; (3) Church and World; (4) Pastoral and Denominational Expertise
- There are core requirements for all CTF students to ensure coverage within these streams, on top of which Institute students must study Life and Service in the Catholic Tradition. This course contributes credits to the student’s programme designed to the student's needs with the Director of Studies.
- Assessment is by coursework of various kinds.
- Pastoral placements form an intrinsic part of the course.
Independent learning can be included at each level. Undergraduates cover 120 credits at levels 4, 5 and 6.
The list that foloows is indicative only; some modules may not run.
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- New Testament Greek
- Biblical Hebrew
- Introduction to Christian Doctrine
- Introduction to Church History
- Introduction to Christian Worship
- Spirituality and Worship
- Introduction to Aspects of Pastoral Care
- Foundation for Reflective Practice
- Introduction to Spirituality and Discipleship
- Foundations for Denominational Ministry
- Biblical Studies
- Topics in Christian Doctrine
- Christian Faith and Ethical Living
- Texts and Traditions in Christian Spirituality
- Mission and Apologetics in Contemporary Culture
- Reflective Practice in Context
- Preparing for Denominational Ministry
- Further OT studies
- Further NT studies
- Christian Doctrine in Focus (Political Theology?)
- Church History in Focus
- Missional Theology in Global Context
- Philosophical Theology
- Denominational Ministry
- Further Reflective Practice in Context