We welcome ways to work with local community and non-governmental organisations who share our values. This usually takes the form of:
- Offering use of our facilities – such as providing meeting spaces (download our prices from here), or use of the garden for fund-raising social events
- Offering a particular expertise.
Currently, we provide hospitality on a regular basis to:
- Cruse, the bereavement counselling service
- The local branch of the United Nations Association
- Sanctuary Pledge, an organisation that campaigns for the UK to provide sanctuary to people fleeing persecution, and campaigns against child detention.
We have also participated for several years in the Cambridge Open Studio artists’ event, as well as welcoming individual artists to the Institute, such as Caroline Mackenzie.
In addition to this facilitation work:
- We are a Fairtrade College
- Our students and staff volunteer with and support the work of Jimmy's Night Shelter, the Cambridge Food Bank, CAFOD, Addenbrooke's Hospital Chaplaincy